When a vehicle requires roadside assistance, our team will handle the logistics of having the vehicle towed to wherever it needs to go. Every situation is different, however we typically work within these guidelines:
- Based on the information that we have at the time, we will do our best to limit the cost to the owner of the vehicle.
- We also want to limit the impact to the guest to help ensure the best experience possible for them.
- We will always default to roadside and towing provided by the marketplace until we have concrete information about the reason for the tow. If the tow is required due to a mechanical issue and the vehicle is covered under warranty, the tow may be covered by roadside assistance through the manufacturer. If you receive alerts regarding roadside assistance for your vehicle and believe something may be covered under warranty, please reach out to our team immediately by chat or phone.
- We can not utilize our staff to retrieve vehicles in lieu of a tow truck.
- Any vehicle that is deemed unsafe or potentially unsafe to drive will require a tow truck for transport by a tow company.
- Regardless of cause or outcome, all tow expenses, if not paid for by insurance, warranty, or a third party will be the responsibility of the vehicle owner. The only exception to this is if the tow is required due to damage caused by our team at Hassle-Free Car, at which point we will cover the cost of the tow in its entirety.
Ultimately, we will use our best judgment to limit the impact to the vehicle owner and the renter from the roadside assistance issue, including minimizing vehicle down-time and cost.
Owners will receive email updates from us regarding the progress of each roadside assistance incident. If there are ever questions, feel free reach out to our team.