Hassle-Free Car is now integrated with Getaround! If you'd like to add your vehicles to Getaround as well, please follow these steps to setup both your account and vehicles...
Setup Getaround Account
- Begin by going to get.co/hfc and registering your account - SUPER IMPORTANT! When signing up, be sure you use this link so that your account is associated to us.
- Follow the instructions to begin listing your car on Getaround by selecting the model year and the mileage.
- Once you've setup your first vehicle, click on "Account" in the top-right corner to change your email address.
- In the email field, change the email address to <firstname><lastname>@hfcowner.com. For instance, if your name is John Smith, the email address would be firstname.lastname@example.org. NOTE: If you haven't already had your forwarder activated so that you receive emails sent to this address as well, please contact our helpdesk to request that this is setup and provide them with the email address you want emails forwarded to.
Don't want to use your personal phone number? We have an option whereby we can assign you a phone number to route calls and texts into our team. This is a flat $20/month fee per phone number. Simply email us at email@example.com to request this.
Connect Account to StreetSmarts
Next, you'll need to connect your Getaround account to our partner, StreetSmarts.
- Go to http://www.streetsmarts.io/ and click "Login" in the top right corner.
- The email address is your shared email address that we assign to you, the same one used above that ends in @hfcowner.com. DO NOT use any other email address or your account won't connect to our system properly.
- If you don't know your password, simply use the "Forgot Password" function to reset it. The emails to reset your password will be sent to your @hfcowner.com email address. If you're not receiving emails forwarded from that address, please contact our helpdesk to request that we set that up.
- Once logged in, click "Account" on the left side.
- Scroll down to "Getaround" and click the link to begin setup.
- A pop up will come up and provide the step by step instructions for connecting your account. If you have any questions at this stage, please email StreetSmarts directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure they know you're a Hassle-Free Car customer.
- Last, please email email@example.com and notify us that you have successfully setup and connected your Getaround account. Please also confirm the email address you used to setup the account so we can confirm it's the same in our system.
Why do I have to do all of this? Since Getaround requires that you use Facebook to register and access your account, our ability to connect to the account is very complex. As such, we also can't handle any of this for you as we can't access your Facebook account. Once it's setup, it'll be smooth sailing going forward.
Once your account has been setup and connected to StreetSmarts, you can begin setting up your vehicles on Getaround. In the Getaround website, go through their vehicle setup wizard for each of your cars. Most of the settings for each vehicle are specific to your vehicle, however the following settings must be set as follows...
- Don't allow rentals shorter than: 6 Hours
- Street Address: 5950 N Jackson Gap Way, Aurora, CO 80019
- How is your car parked: Valet
- Does your valet have limited access hours: No
- Instructions for renters: click here
- License Plate: All CAPS, No Hyphens, No Spaces
DO NOT Schedule Getaround Connect Installation! Once your vehicle is setup, you'll be prompted to contact Getaround to schedule the installation of the Getaround Connect device into your vehicle. STOP! Don't contact them! We work directly with their Denver manager to coordinate regular dates for their team to come out and perform these installs on site.
DO NOT enable Getaround Connect Enhanced Security. This disables your vehicle's ignition between trips, which should not be done for any vehicle we manage.
Notify Us to Schedule Getaround Connect Installation
After the vehicle has been setup, email our helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the car has been added. We will need to know the license plate of the vehicle you added as well as the name that you gave the vehicle. If you don't know what name you gave it, click on the "Cars" button in the top navigation and you'll see the name listed just below the Year Make and Model of your car on the left side.
We will then schedule the installation of Getaround Connect for you with our local team and will activate the car on Getaround after installation.